Position: Environmental Specialist
Department: General Management
Work time: Full Time
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Develop Environmental Management Plan (EMP) integrated into the business planning cycle, ensuring that all the actions related to environmental legal compliance, mitigation of environmental impacts and risks are covered in the EMP and associated Plans, Programs, Procedures, Registers, etc;
● Ensure and coordinate the implementation of EMP by the plant personnel;
● Provide advice and support to operational teams on environmental matters;
● Perform periodical monitoring and site inspections;
● Perform annual reporting to the MENR and State Statistics Committee on a timely manner
● Maintain and update HAZ ecological documentation such as Ecological Passport, Passport for Air Emissions, Passport for Hazardous Waste, Technical Passports for bag filters, etc and get these documentation registered in the MENR periodically as required by environmental legislation
● Inform and motivate personnel to improve HAZ environmental performance through organizing and provision of Environmental Awareness sessions/ training to own personnel and third parties
Skills and Qualifications:
● Minimum Bachelor degree (preferably in Environmental Engineering or Chemistry)
● ISO 14001:2015 Lead Auditor qualification/certificate
● Profound knowledge of applicable national & international environmental legislation: laws, rules, regulations and/or policies
● At least 3 to 5 years of experience in the relevant field, some of which with experience of working, consulting or providing services for state organisations/institutions in the relevant field.
● Advanced experience in preparation, maintaining ecological documents, application to the MENR and relevant bodies for renewal /re-approval of ecological documentation, permits, licenses, passports, as well as EMS database experience
● Computer Skills: MS Office, basic computer knowledge
● Excellent verbal and written skills in Azeri and English; Russian is preferable;
● Certificates: ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 / ISO 4500, ISO 19001 and API Spec Q1 - is preferable
● Planning, organizing and problem solving skills;
● Initiative, team orientation, loyalty to the company;
● Accuracy, high attention to quality and correctness of data;
● Excellent communication and analytical skills.
Procedure for applying:
Interested people can post CV’s at firstname.lastname@example.org , writing "Environmental Specialist" in the subject line.
All applications will be considered and all will be provided with equal access.Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 28 December 2020